Hi Wild Rye Fam!
Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Coffee Frosting – a match made in culinary heaven. Prepare to experience a cake thats so familiar yet like no other with this Banana Cake recipe paired with Wild Rye’s best-selling Peanut Butter Coffee Frosting. This delightful combination is a testament to the harmony of ingredients and a guaranteed hit for any occasion. Like all Wild Rye Mixes and recipes made with the best components and the easiest prep, this treat promises to deliver on taste and perhaps even inspire your guests to do some baking of their own! Let's dive into this exquisite recipe where ripe bananas meet the nutty richness of peanut butter, and the spunk of coffee-infused frosting shall we? I can’t wait to hear what you think!
A little note for the gluten free people out there: you can easily substitute a one to one gluten free flour blend for the all purpose flour here! I have done it countless times. My preferred brand is Bob's Red Mill's one to one whole grain gf flour.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup olive oil
1 box Wild Rye Peanut Butter Coffee Frosting Mix
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Prepare an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and olive oil.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into banana mixture until no lumps of flour remain. Then pour banana batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top springs back when touched and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Be sure to let your cake cool completely before frosting
- While your cake is baking, prepare your frosting as instructed on the box with 2 sticks of softened, unsalted butter and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Once your cake is cool, frost the top and sides generously with the luscious Peanut Butter Coffee frosting and serve!
(This cake will store well in the fridge or at room temperature for a few days, but we don't believe it will last that long!)