Last Updated: February 23rd 2021
- Access or use the milkbarstore.com website (the “site”);
- Sign up for our newsletter, make a purchase or otherwise interact with us on or through the site (“Customer Interactions”);A
- Access links to Wild Rye’s social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites (“Social Media Pages”); and/or
- Enter sweepstakes, contests, and/or promotions offered by Wild Rye from time to time (collectively, “Promotions” and together with the site, Customer Interactions and Social Media Pages, the “Wild Rye Online Offerings”).
We may collect several types of information from you, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, username and password, shipping and billing information, email address, telephone number, and/or credit card number (including security code and expiration date) (collectively, “personally identifiable information” or “PII”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your hobbies, personal interests, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences; and/or
- about others, such as the names and email addresses of gift recipients or family and friends whom you have referred to the site.
We collect personal information upon creation of a user account, when you log into, visit and use the site, during Customer Interactions, and when you otherwise communicate with Wild Rye.
We may use the information we collect from you or receive about you:
- for registration and billing purposes;
- to provide, maintain, and improve the site and our products and services;
- to respond to your questions and fulfill your orders and requests;
- to verify entry into a Promotion and ship any prizes won in connection an applicable Promotion;
- to personalize our products, services and offerings to you;
- to communicate with you about your orders, our products, and the site;
- to manage your account and send you account related information;
- to send you promotional messages and for targeted advertising purposes; and/or
- for internal data modeling and marketing purposes.
We may collect information about you from other sources, as follows:
- Wild Rye may work with one or more data-modeling and/or data–append services which allow us to learn more about you from other sources, based on the information you have permitted us to gather directly (including your email address).
- We may collect information about you from other third parties, such as our business partners.
- We may combine the information we obtain from other sources with information we collect from you directly and use it for various purposes, such as to tailor advertising and content to you and send you offers that may be of interest.
We, our service providers (including advertising and analytics providers), and third parties may automatically collect several types of information about you including information:
- as you navigate through the site, which information may include usage details, IP addresses, operating system, browser type, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, such as information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- about your mobile device.
This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site and Wild Rye Online Offerings, associate browsers and devices together, and deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests.
The technologies we, our service providers, and third parties may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer which often includes a unique identifier. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, and tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Session cookies expire at the end of a particular visit to our site, while persistent cookies (also called stored cookies) remain active until you disable them through your browser settings, or until a pre-set expiration date.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You may disable or refuse to accept cookies through the appropriate browser settings, however if you select this setting you may not be able to use all features of our site. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Wild Rye, including those to which this site links to or that link to this site.
Customized Ad Campaigns
We may also work with third party social media sites to serve Wild Rye ads to you as part of a customized social media campaign.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share aggregated or de-identified information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers, or other third parties. This data will not identify you personally.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company, delivery company, or web host) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them for any other purpose.
We (including, for all purposes hereof, any third parties that provide support services to us) will use the PII you provided to us to process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone and/or the email address that you provide to Wild Rye to communicate with).
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets.
We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure of Wild Rye, our customers or others, we may disclose your information as required. This includes identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users to your account.
We may share your email address, other information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your hobbies, personal interests, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences, and other information we may collect, including PII, with third-party partners for our, theirs and their customers’ marketing, analytics, content personalization, and other activities. We and our partners may combine such data with other data for these purposes.
Protecting Your Information
We make commercially reasonable efforts to help keep your information secure and help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, alternation, and unauthorized access or disclosure. Unfortunately, even though we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Wild Rye account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our site. Please note that we will never ask for your Wild Rye account username or password via email.
Opting-Out of Communications
Receipt of marketing, promotional, and non-transactional email communications from Wild Rye. Click the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any Wild Rye email or change your Wild Rye account settings/preferences.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of transactional email communications related to your account. We may continue to contact you for the purposes of communicating information relating to your request for Wild Rye Online Offerings, your participation in a Promotion and to respond to inquiries made by you, as applicable, even if you have elected to opt-out of certain communications as provided above.
To opt-out of all communications from Wild Rye you must cease using the Wild Rye Online Offerings, and other services related to the Wild Rye Online Offerings.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to our site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may write to us at: Wild Rye, Attn: Legal Department, 382 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211.
Accessing and Modifying Information
You may update, modify, and/or correct your information by logging into your Wild Rye account or by emailing email@example.com. Note, however, that Wild Rye will continue to retain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback pertaining to privacy.