WILD RYE RUM CAKE
1 box gluten free or classic olive oil cake mix
1 cup olive oil
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark or light rum
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a standard bundt pan
- Combine eggs, olive oil, milk, and rum in a large bowl.
- Add Wild Rye’s mix and whisk batter until smooth and evenly combined.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, using the trusty toothpick method to know when your cake is baked!
- While the cake bakes, make the glaze: In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, rum and water. Boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Once your cake is baked, allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes and invert onto a serving platter.
- Using a fork or skewer, poke holes all over the top and the sids of the cake, and brush the entire cake with your crazy delicious rum glaze.
- Serve warm or at room temp!